Project Managers are responsible for ensuring that the Company projects they manage are completed on time and on budget exactly as promised at or above the projected gross margin the job was originally estimated at. In addition, “Scope of Work” is completed to the standard of that Company maintains and that all communications necessary to deliver on this goal are executed in a timely and professional manner.
- Maintains open, daily communication with field staff and client
- Manages the Change Order process from estimate to signing
- Holds responsibility for success of projects assigned, including project planning, safety and general oversight
- Preparation and management of detailed project construction schedules
- Manages and controls project costs, completes estimated hours and cost to complete reports
- Performs regular update meetings with field, homeowner and senior manager
- Fosters an enthusiastic, creative, “can do” attitude, and shares the responsibility for the Company and overall department success in reaching its goals, and helping to develop team.
Skills & Experience
- Worked as project manager for minimum of 5 years in a general contracting company
- BS or BA degree preferable in construction management, or experience equivalent
- Thorough understanding of construction specifications both within Company and the industry.
- Understands design intent and work through low levels of detail, ability to read and interpret plans, details and specifications. Can visualize in three dimensions from two-dimensional data.
- Computer literacy – computer estimating, complete competency in MS Word, Excel, Project, and industry specific software for managing change order, job cost and related project commitments.
- Has done estimating in an automated software system
- Proactive, flexible, team player who is comfortable working in a small company environment taking on a leadership role
- Forward looking, able to see the problem well in advance, having a solution in place before a crisis
- Highly motivated, self-starter
- Organized, with excellent time management skills
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Able to work in it and on it simultaneously
- Able to take coaching and feedback