Under the direction of the Project Manger, Foreman is responsible for overall construction management on job site, as well as being part of the labor force that completes work. This includes layout for all phases of construction, coordination of subcontractors and interior finish work. Ensures jobs are completed on time, on budget according to original scope and that all communications necessary in order to deliver on this goal are executed in a timely and professional manner.
- Coordinate Subs to complete work with in a scheduled time
- Manage labor onsite; daily tasks and production
- Coordinate supplies, tools, and equipment being onsite when needed
- Meet overall job schedule
- Communicate with owner and or designer on job schedule, presenting change orders and the explanation of the changes.
- Responsible for identifying changes in the scope of work and following the change order process
- Complete daily reports, green sheets, time cards, and tags all being turned in at the end of each work week. Complete safety with crew on specified day and turn in. Complete injury reports as required and turn in.
Skills & Experience
- Experience in working with managing and controlling labor costs and production efficiency
- Experience in managing jobs according to a specific schedule – able to follow and use a gant chart, and job schedule.
- Demonstrated ability to perform excellent workmanship
- Able to understand the scope of work and the requirement of the client
- Minimum 5-10 years of supervision experience within the residential market, and 15-20 years construction experience
- Ability to competently and accurately read and interpret blueprints
- Be familiar with OSHA regulations and UBC regulations.
- Be physically fit
- Have a valid drivers license with a good record
- Minimum of high school diploma
- Must have strong interpersonal, communication and problem-solving skills
- Must have a complete grasp of English language. Spanish an asset
- Journeyman card, fall protection and forklift training completed as well as first aide and CPR training would be an asset.